2003 SEASON: (prior to WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship)
- Accumulated $122,200 through first three PGA Tour
events in 2003, highlighted by a T-18 at the Phoenix
Open, where he earned $50,400.
- Recorded first PGA Tour victory at the AT&T
Pebble Beach Pro-Am, finishing at 14-under-par and
earning $720,000, the biggest paycheck of his career.
- With the victory at Pebble Beach, he eclipsed
the $2 million dollar mark in career earnings.
- Finished the year earning $1,089,482 (57th), his
highest single-season total in his career.
- Made the cut in 14 tournaments in 2002, which
included three top-10 finishes and his first PGA
- Eclipsed the $1 million mark in earnings for the
2002 season with a T-9 at the WGC-NEC Invitational,
finishing at seven-under-par and earning $105,000.
- Became second player in the 2002 season to earn
first PGA Tour victory (Jerry Kelly at the Sony
- Finished T-9 at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship,
- Finished T-19 at the Greater Greensboro Chrysler
Classic, earning $47,690.
- Recorded T-28 at the Phoenix Open at seven-under-par,
- Finished the year with earnings of $729,783 (70th),
then the highest single-season total in his career.
- Finished in the top-15 in three of his last four
tournaments, earning $317,350 during that span.
- Made the cut in 14 tournaments in 2001, including
seven top-25 finishes and four top-10 finishes,
- T-11 at Invensys Classic at Las Vegas, finishing
at 21-under-par, earning $108,000.
- T-6 at Marconi Pennsylvania Classic, finishing
at 11-under-par and earning $110,550.
- T-5 at John Deere Classic, turning in rounds of
68-66-67-68 for a 15-under-par total and earning
- T-10 at Advil Western Open, carding 10-under-par
and earning $82,800.
- T-12 at U.S. Open, finishing in a tie with Tiger
Woods at 3-over-par and earning $91,733.50.
- Carded course record and career best 62 in the
second round of AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am
at Poppy Hills.
- Rookie season on PGA Tour.
- T-2 at AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am,
finishing at 13-under-par and earning $352,000.
- T-7 at Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, earning $93,500.
- 80th on PGA Tour money list for 2000, with $604,199
- Six victories on Buy.com Tour from 1996 - 1999,
including the 1996 Boise Open, 1997 Laurel creek
Classic, 1998 Omaha Classic and Tri-Cities Open,
1999 Louisiana Open and the Cleveland Open.
- Six career victories tie him with Sean Murphy
for most victories in Buy.com Tour history.
- First player in Buy.com Tour history to win a
tournament in four consecutive years.
- Earned PGA Tour exemption for 2000 by finishing
seventh on the 1999 Buy.com Tour Money List.
- Member of the Asian Tour in 1995-1996.
- Born Feb. 9, 1971
- NCAA All-American at University of Kansas
- While playing the 1996 Indian Open in Calcutta,
met Mother Teresa.
- Father purchased tickets for he and his brother
to attend the 1982 PGA Championship at Southern
Hills C.C. in Tulsa and he became hooked on golf.
- Wife Blair, daughter Kimball Ann, born August
Source: Copyright © Buick Motor Division of The General Motors Corporation - All Rights Reserved.
For The Latest News Please Visit The Buick Profile Page by Clicking Here.
Copyright © 1998 -
TriShield.com (The Buick Enthusiast Network), its partners and licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Not Associated with the Buick Motor Division of the General Motors Corporation.